Is the access RT-PCR system O.K.?

Arthur Osterop Ph.D. osterop at tch.fgg.eur.nl
Thu May 29 10:09:07 EST 1997

Dear netters,

I have screened our newsgroup on commends according the usefullness of
the access RT-PCR system from Promega (no affiliations) and had to go
back to 1995 for a question concerning this system. However at that time
the kit was a new product and the author then did not receive any
commends.
I am scared of getting contaminations as I have to perform several
hundreds of the same RT-PCRs. Therefore this "two enzyme in one kit"
system looks fine to me as there is minimal handling of amplified
material necessary. Now, has anyone good or bad experiences with this
system and wants to let me, and probably others, know what we can expect
from it with regard to optimalisation of the reactions, quantity of
product vs. template, the inclusion of UNG in combination with dUTP and
more undefined features?

Thanks in advance!
With best regards,