Cellular proteins with affinity for avidin

Richard Mandel rmandel at bu.edu
Fri May 30 13:22:19 EST 1997

We have been trying to affinity precipitate a biotinylated ligand at
the surface of cells expressing the receptor using neutravidin linked to
agarose.  We find that there are many cellular proteins with high
affinity for avidin and as a result our blots are very dirty and
our protein ligand is hard to detect.
1.	Has anyone had a similar experience?
2.	Is there any way to decrease the non specific interaction
during precipitation?
3.	Is there any way to decrease the intensity of the irrelevant
bands during detection of the nitrocellulose blots?

--
Ciao,
Rich

Richard Mandel			|	E-mail address: rmandel at acs.bu.edu
Boston Univ. School of Medicine	|	Phone No. 617-638-4512
Boston, MA 02118		|	Fax No. 617-638-4085