Periplasm extraction

Charles A Miller oravaxcm at
Wed Nov 5 02:27:37 EST 1997

I tried emailing you with a reply, but you address didn't work for my
internet provider.
In answer to your question, look for the manual for the Maltose
Binding Protein fusion system on the New England Biolabs web site
There is an Osmotic Shock protocol in it. I think it is also in the
pET manual at

I did this a year or so ago and it worked pretty well. If you can't
get a hold of the protocol just let me know and I'll did it up and
try to email it to you (or post it here).

Good Luck!

Chuck Miller
Research Associate
Oravax, Inc.
Cambridge, Mass.
oravaxcm at

Olivier Cochet (Olivier.Cochet at wrote:
: Hi everybody

: I'm looking for a fast and efficient method to extract the periplasm
: content of E. coli. Any help ?

: --
:       Olivier Cochet - Institut Curie          Olivier.Cochet
:       Biotechnologie des anticorps
:       26 rue d'Ulm - 75248 Paris - France      Repl. K by c