Reamplifying band from DD gel

Lol Cooper cooperl at ucs.orst.edu
Tue Nov 4 16:45:46 EST 1997

Hi netters,
I am trying to reamplify a short (220 bp) band from a PAGE differential
display gel in order to clone it.  I have done this in the past with no
problems by scraping off the band of interest with a clean razor blade,
soaking the piece of gel in 50 ul TE and using 5ul aliquots for the
subsequent reamplifications. The band I am after is quite prominent and I
have tried several variations on my procedure.
I have not had any success on the subsequent reamplication step with this
particular band.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.
TIA, Lol
Lol Cooper, Ph.D
USDA-ARS Horticulture Crops Research Laboratory
3340 N.W. Orchard Avenue,
Corvallis, Oregon
97330   USA
Phone Office:  (541) 752-9463