RNA electrophoresis

Patrick HJ Falckh p.falckh at rmit.edu.au
Tue Nov 4 19:00:19 EST 1997

Hi y'all,

I also add Ethidium bromide to my RNA samples before I heat shock them.
The major difference is that when the samples are heat shocked with EtBr
then the  resultant bands are approx. 10X brighter than when you stain
the gel itself or when you add the EtBr after heat shocking.  I've never
had any problems with this method (initially came from Focus 10.1, I
think) and you will use considerably less EtBr, hence lowere incidence
of accidents etc.

Regards
--

   Patrick HJ Falckh PhD                                 #     #
   Key Centre for Applied & Nutritional Toxicology      # # # # #