blotting paper

Tom Glenn tomgl at microfone.net
Sat Nov 1 22:58:36 EST 1997

Denville Scientific has an exact equivalent of Whatman's 3MM and 3Chr
papers.  Their product is made in Pennsylvania from US cotton.  Whatman also
uses US cotton but manufactures the product in England as so has to include
2 ocean voyages in their price.

Both Fisher and VWR charge most academic institutions between $150 and $165
for Whatman 3MM.  Stockrooms have it for around $149.  Denville sells their
product for between $109 (on special) and $114.

I'll bet you will never guess why I know so much about this stuff!

TG

<34590CCD.CB6BD843 at vetsci.microvet.arizona.edu>...