RNase-inhibiting agents

Heinz J. Schaefers schaefers at sun.XuchcX.edu
Thu Nov 6 10:00:55 EST 1997

Ralf Oltmanns wrote:

> I am trying to extract mRNA from soil bacteria via direct
> lysis.
> Therefor I need a very potent RNase-inhibiting agent.
> I used GITC (guanidin-isothiocyanate) and DEPC
> (diethyl-pyrocarbonate)
> in different protocols with not really satisfactory
> results, whereas
> they really work fine with pure cultures.

Hi Ralf,

why not using RNAse Inhibitor? For example GIBCO has a new
product RNAseOUT, which is less expensive than human
recombinant RNAse Inhibitor from other companies, because it
is made in E.coli. (it is about half the price).
(i am not afiliated with GIBCO, just a satisfied user of
RNAseOUT)

> (Please reply by mail, too, 'cos' I am not following this
group
> regularly. Thanx again)

ok, copy sent to email address...

bye
Heinz
--
Heinz J. Schaefers, Ph.D.
University of Connecticut Health Center, Department of