Peter pxpst2 at
Fri Nov 7 09:33:21 EST 1997

In article <34625de5.16972657 at>, levon at (Levon
Fendekian) wrote:

> Does anybody know how to recrystalize acrylamide ?
> I think that recrystalization is used to purify acrylamide so that it
> is suitable for electrophoresis.

Why would you want to do this?  Eletrophoretic Grade Acrylamide can be
purchased from many different companies and it is relatively cheap.
  To do what you are asking would be a very dangerous proposition.  The
acrylamide powder is a monomer and is an extremely potent neurotoxin.  You
must therefore perform the recrystalization in a sealed enviornment and
the workers will need to wear protective equipment.  Most Chemistry depts
could probable do this, but it is rare to see a biological research
facility with this type of lab.

"Don't you eat that yellow snow
    WAtch out where the Huskies go"

Let us not forget those marketing boys from SPAM CENTRAL

bestrealtor at
info at
clickthru at
invite at