Sequencing Gels Not Sticking to Whatmann

Pascal Mertens Pascal.Mertens at
Fri Nov 7 11:52:15 EST 1997

In article (Dans l'article)
<kirkpat-0611971756420001 at>,
kirkpat at cc.?umanitoba?.ca (Rob Kirkpatrick) wrote (écrivait) :

>    One of the people in our lab is having a unique problem.  After running
> her sequencing gels she places the Whatman paper on the gel to remove it
> from the front plate and then disaster strikes.  The gel does not want to
> come off the glass plate and rips to shreds.  This has happened twice now
> and I can't figure it out.  The backplate is "Sigma Coated" so we can't
> really apply this to the front plate (or can we?).  We haven't changed the
> Whatman or anything else that I can think of...  Has anyone ever
> encountered this before???
> Rob

You can put the first glass plate on the whatman and press to ensure
whatman paper is well coated with the gel. This sometimes helps!!

Pascal Mertens
Laboratoire d'Immunologie et Microbiologie
61 Rue de Bruxelles
5000 Namur, BELGIUM
Phone: 32 81 724438
Fax: 32 81 724420