Sequencing Gels Not Sticking to Whatmann

Michael Lassner mikel51 at mother.com
Sat Nov 8 08:32:46 EST 1997

Solution #1--get an automated sequencer.

Solution #2--It seems to be important that all the moisture in the gel
get wicked throught the Whatman paper or the gel won't stick.  If the
Whatman paper is very wet, the gel won't stick to it.  The solution is
to use several thicknesses of Whatman and really make sure that the
paper makes good contact with the gel.  Use enough paper so that the top
layer stays dry.

I highly recommend solution #1.

Mike