Long PCR primers

ISOAI Atsushi aisoai at agc.co.jp
Sun Nov 9 11:01:30 EST 1997

In article <346502B0.4F9E at users.AfricaOnline.Co.Ke>,
wellcome at users.africaonline.co.ke wrote:

>Dear Colleagues,
>
>If there any risk of amplifying a fragment DNA with primer which are 50
>to 60 pb. Actually, I want to introduce a enzyme restriction site in
>these primers so that I can easily  detected them in agore or Acrylamide
>gel. Therefore I do need longer primers. But I wandering about doing a
>PCR such long oligonucleotides.

Hi,
There should be no problem if you would set up 65 - 68 degree
as anneling temp. to prevent a set of primers or primers and
template from anneling non-specifically. (From my experience,)
primers with 50 - 60 nt in the length may work fine under well-
designated PCR condition.