LDH activity assays

Dr Warren Hirst w.hirst at ic.ac.uk
Wed Nov 12 12:55:42 EST 1997

Dear all,
I am looking to assay lactate dehydrogenase (LDH) activity in culture
medium. I am likely to have a reasonable number of samples and hence
would like to do the assay in a microplate (96 well) format.
Unfortunately our plate reader doesn't have a filter suitable for the
standard assay which results in a decrease in the absorbance at 340nm
(closest is 405nm and I don't think that will work).
I noticed that the Sigma Catalogue (diagnostic kits and reagents
section) has a colourimetric based assay. Has anyone used this
particular kit, or any other colourimetric assay, in a scaled-down
microplate format? If so could you please let me know how successful
this was?
Thanks in advance. Replies can be posted or e-mailed to me.