Gel extraction

qin ling qinling at medew.nema.wau.nl
Wed Nov 12 05:32:19 EST 1997

Hi:

I also use Pharmacia's easy prep kit for gel purification with limited
satisfaction. Sometimes after purification  and run on gel again to check,
I saw one additional double sized weaker band(some workers in our lab use
Promega glassmax, find the same thing). Sometimes after purification I saw
a weaker smaller band. Still sometimes after elution, the eluted stuff will
floating out of the wells even when I am sure I have gotten rid of all the
ethanol. I suspect there is something else. Now I ehanol precipitate the
elution product and resuspend before loading on gel. Anybody experienced
the same thing? any ideas?

Richard J. Dudley <rdudley at nrc.uab.edu> wrote in article
<3468A24D.3585 at nrc.uab.edu>...