protocol for extracting DNA from paraffin sections

Windows 95 User labcon at 4dcomm.com
Wed Nov 12 19:10:05 EST 1997

John Kwok wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a few samples of paraffin scetions of liver tissue and I would be
> really grateful if someone could give me a detailed protocol for
> extracting DNA of sufficient purity for PCR amplifications. Many thanks in
> advance
>
> John Kowk

Having done some preliminary research for some upcoming articles in The
Scientist's LabConsumer, I ran accross some information indicating that
Dynal has some protocols in their possession using magnetic beads,
specifically their DNA Direst System I to extract DNA from parafin
section.

Hope that helps.
Scott Shoemaker, Associate Publisher
the Scientist/LabConsumer