Q: Gel extraction procedure

Guy Hermans ghermans at luc.ac.be
Thu Nov 13 08:17:05 EST 1997

In article <3467FEC1.779A at medcn.umontreal.ca>, tremblgu at medcn.umontreal.ca
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using a kit for gel extraction of DNA bands. This kit, although
> packaged in a beautiful box, has low yields and I am now inclined to
> throw this box away - even though it has so nice colors. I wish they
> put their effort on something else than the packaging.
>         So does anyone have a clean method to do gel extracts that have good
> yields, some kind of an old fashion way that would be clean enough for
> blunt-ended ligations? Or even a kit with high yields and an ugly
> packaging?
>
> Thanks in advance and have good experiments (without kits).
>
> -----------------------------------
> Guy Tremblay
> Universite de Montreal
> tremblgu at magellan.umontreal.ca

Hi I use a gelpurification kit of GENOMED and am satisfied with it, its
one of the cheapest ones on the market. As disadvantage the box is ugly:
pink and black.

Best regards

Niels Hellings
Dr L willems instituut
Belgium

Guy Hermans, PhD student
MS research Unit             Tel 0032 (0) 11/26.92.07
Dr. L. Willems-Institute     Fax 0032 (0) 11/26.92.09
University Campus            E-mail ghermans at luc.ac.be
B-3590 Diepenbeek
Belgium