RNA sequencing with dye-deoxy-NTPs

Dr. Peter Gegenheimer PGegen at UKans.edu
Fri Nov 14 18:21:59 EST 1997

On Fri, 14 Nov 1997 18:09:44, January Weiner
<jweiner1 at ix.urz.uni-heidelberg.d wrote:

> Hi there,
> 	noone seems to have any idea about my problem, but I do try once
> again.
> 	I intend to sequence RNA with an ABI 373 sequencer, using dye
> terminators. The point is to bring the RT to take the ddNTPs. Is it
> possible? Is it impossible? Any ideas welcome...

Why not use 5'-end-labelled primer? This methodology is tried &
true, and you won't have to worry about the RT. (I have no idea
about the RT, either, sorry. Shouldn't be too hard to test!)

o-------------------------------------------------------------------
--o
| Dr. Peter Gegenheimer       |  Vox: 785-864-3939  FAX:
785-864-5321 |
| Departments of Biochemistry |    PGegen at UKans.edu
 |
|  and of Botany              |    http://RNAworld.Bio.UKans.edu/

| University of Kansas        |

| 2045 Haworth Hall           |  "The sleep of reason produces
 |
| Lawrence  KS  66045-2106    |   monsters."                  Goya

__o