cDNA library screening: HELP!

Mauro Bongrazio bongr at vaxser.grumed.fu-berlin.de
Fri Nov 14 11:26:51 EST 1997

Salve,
I'm going to use DNA probes (obtained by Differential Display) to screen
a HUVEC cDNA library but I have no experience in this field, so please
help me:
- I think I should not tray to prepare a cDNA library becouse I suppose
it will take a lot of time and money to get acceptable results but
premade cDNA library are very expensive too. Any suggestion?
- The common screening method appeare to me quite difficult and time
consuming. Otherwise the GeneTrapper Positive selection System (BRL)
seems to be quite simple and fast. Do you have any experience with this
kit?
- what about 3'- and/or 5'-RACE?
Thank you in advance for your help.
Ciao