Proteases in E. coli strains

Dr. Duncan Clark duncan at genesys.demon.co.uk
Mon Nov 17 11:49:15 EST 1997

In article <64kdi1$dt8 at gazette.bcm.tmc.edu>, Simon Hoffenberg
<simonh at bcm.tmc.edu> writes
>We have a problem expressing one of our proteins. Unlike more common
>problem when a protein is insoluble, our protein is soluble but strongly
>degraded by proteases.

Maybe about two or three yeras ago someone published a paper in Nature
Biotechnology listing a whole load of protease mutant E.coli's they had
made. They had some multiple mutants which appeared to be totally
protease minus from what I remember. Maybe worth a search for.

Duncan
sliced from time to time....

Duncan Clark
DNAmp Ltd.