simple? question

brett brett at BORCIM.WUSTL.EDU
Wed Nov 19 10:41:01 EST 1997

>In article <hubchak-1811971804360001 at pc91.pediatrics.nwu.edu>,
>hubchak at nwu.edu (Susan Hubchak) wrote:
>
>> Hi.  I know this is pretty basic, but I am having trouble finding the
>> information.  I need to know what, specifically, is in the cytosolic,
>> particulate, and Triton-X 100 insoluble fractions of protein lysate.
>
>Triton-X insoluble fraction contains the cytoskelatol elements and
>associated proteins.
>
>Peter

I also think nuclei will be relatively unperturbed by this treatment. In
addition, some membranes will not be solubilized well in Triton, if my memory
serves, and those are regions enriched for GPI anchors and glycosphingolipids
(Brown and Rose, Cell mid '92 or thereabouts).
Brett Lindenbach
brett at borcim.wustl.edu

Dept Molecular Microbiology
Box 8230