rehybridization nylon membranes

wipf at scbiol wipf at scbiol
Fri Nov 21 12:40:44 EST 1997

In article <tuinen-ya02408000R1811971556460001 at news.inra.fr>,
tuinen at epoisses.inra.fr (Diederik van Tuinen) wrote:

> What is the best method to wash a nylon membrane in order to make a other
> Southern Blot on it, and how often can you reuse a membrane (with
> radiolabelled probes)

Hello,
In my case, I have a protocol that I never test myself, but some people
used it and were satisfied:
soak your membrane NaOH 0.4N for 40-45 min at 46°C,
then treat it 2 times in (Tris-HCl 0.5M pH7,NaCl 3M),
and to make an end for this protocol rince your membrane with 2SSC for 10 min.
I hope, this procedure work in your hands. I think you can reuse tour
membrane 2 or 3 times.
Regards.

Christophe JACOB
Lab. Forest Biol.