Preparation of COS7 cells for FACS analysis

Jun-Ichi Aikawa jaikawa at UCSD.EDU
Mon Nov 24 14:11:51 EST 1997

Hello. Does anyone try to prepare COS7 cells for analysis of cell-surface
antigen with FACS? When I treated cells with PBS/5mM EDTA(pH 7.2) to
prepare single-cell suspension, the efficiency is nearly 20-40% and most of
cells still remains undispersed.  I also tried the increase of EDTA
concentration (up to 25mM) and the addition of BSA(1%), but no improvement
was observed. What buffer is suitable for this study? Any comments and
suggestions will welcome.

Jun-ichi Aikawa, Ph.D.
University of California, San Diego