pTTQ18

R.D. Haigh rxh at leicester.ac.uk
Tue Nov 25 05:29:05 EST 1997

Hi James
I believe the reason Amersham dropped pTTQ18 is because it contains
two copies of part of lacZ either side of the plasmid such that when under
pressure to make lots of DNA ie.when a large insert is introduced, you
will see recombination and the formation of miniplasmid. Enough
history - the plasmid was originally made in Leicester and I have
checked the freezer and I have an old Eppendorf with its name on it. I'll
transform some ASAP and get back to you if it is still alive.

Richard

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Richard Haigh
    Department of Microbiology
    and Immunology,
    University of Leicester,
    University Road,
    Leicester. LE1 9HN UK

    Phone: 0116 2523017
    FAX  : 0116 2525030
    Email: rxh at nospam.le.ac.uk
    NB. remove nospam to Email
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx