NdeI versus NcoI... which is best?

Stuart Rison stuart at ludwig.ucl.NO_JUNK.ac.uk
Wed Nov 26 10:39:01 EST 1997

Dear All,

I am curently developing a cloning scheme in which I want to use a RE that
incorporates a start (ATG) codon.

I've narrowed down my RE list to NdeI or NcoI (although this purely through
hearsay/gut-feeling so please do tell me if you think I've missed out a good
RE).

Does anybody have any experience using these REs?  Which one works best?
Have you ever had any trouble with them?

Looking forward to hearing any suggestions.

Cheers,

Stuart.

| Stuart Rison            | Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research |
| Tel. (0171) 878 4127    | Courtauld Building                   |
| Fax. (0171) 878 4040    | 91 Riding House Street               |