pb with concentrating a protein for antibody production

C Pical pbio-cpi at pop.lu.se
Thu Oct 2 02:55:55 EST 1997

Hi all,
I am expressing a protein as a GST fusion, cutting my protein with
thrombin while it is bound to the resin. Of course I get thrombin in my
sample. I would like to get rid of thrombin and also concentrate my
purified protein before injecting rabbits. I tried Centricon-50 (my
protein is about 66 kD, I know it was a bit risky to try Centricon-50)
but lost a lot of my protein which actually seems to be stuck on the
membrane. So I would very much appreciate any suggestion.

Thanks.

C Pical