Biotech student study group needs assistance

Rick Bright rbright at emory.edu
Sun Oct 5 14:57:34 EST 1997

I am truly astounded by the ignorance I have seen in under this title.
The internet is an amazing educational resource for professionals,
students, and arm-chair scientists alike.  It is not unusual nor
unethical for a person to seek advice or assistance with many
science-related questions or problems.  The only people I can see
opposed to students seeking assistance online are those who are very
outdated and who were unable to do so "in their day."  It is truly a
regression to chastise someone for utilizing this resource.

The process of obtaining information from the internet or newsgroup is
an educational experience in itself and should be encouraged.  I hope
that all members of this electronic society will feel free to teach
others and learn from others.  I also hope that those opposed to using
this same society for these purposes will wake up and join in this
wonderful world of shared resources.

Rick Bright