ß-glucuronidase

Matthias matthias at molgen.biologie.uni-marburg.de
Mon Oct 6 14:15:06 EST 1997

Dear readers,

The ß-glucuronidase (GUS) is useful reporter of expression in our
system.  I have constructed several mutants and want to detect the
enzyme activity. Unfortunately, these mutants show very weak expression.
(We use x-gluc enzymatic assays) I am looking for an enzymatic substrat
that more sensitive than x-gluc. As an alternative I tried several
elisas, but failed. Is there anybody, who could send me a detailed
protocol for elisa detection of the ß-glucuronidase.

thank you very much.

Matthias at molgen.biologie.uni-marburg.de
http://staff-www.uni-marburg.de/~pfeiffe2