markers on pMC9

Karl Fischer tyr-2 at
Tue Oct 7 12:26:39 EST 1997

In article <goCYOI600WBN04RlM0 at>, Jeffrey David Bray
<bray+ at> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I have a question from a labmate.  The E. coli strain Y1090 has the
> plasmid pMC9 in it.  What is the drug resistance marker on this plasmid?
>  Someone plated Y1090 on Amp and it grew and they wished to know if they
> have made a boo boo.  Thanks for the help.
> Jeff
> bray at

Hi Jeff,

As far as I can recall the pMC9 plasmid in both Y1090 and Y1089 strains of
E. coli is simply pBR322 into which lacZ (^I) was cloned into the Eco RI
site. The bug still retains resistance to ampicillin.

Karl the hepB guy

Karl Fischer
tyr-2 at