Non-isotopic Northerns

Bill McKendree mckendre at ASRR.ARSUSDA.GOV
Tue Oct 7 11:38:48 EST 1997

David,

We use the biotin labeling system from NEB.  It gives sufficient
sensitivity on Northerns and library screening, but probe labeling is
inconsistent in my hands.  Also, the membrane of choice for this
(Millipore's immobilon-S) is being discontinued and I'm in the process of
checking out alternatives.  I've tried DIG too, but I prefer biotin.

Bill McKendree, PhD
USDA_ARS, USHRL
Orlando, FL
(407) 897-7339 phone