which amino acid mimicking phosphotyrosine?

Lauge Schaffer lsclsc at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 7 09:42:38 EST 1997

hammer at liai.org wrote:
> Hi netters!
> I would like to make a constitutive active mutant of a protein which
> is activared by tyrosine phosphorylation.
> I am thinking of substituting the the tyrosine residue by aspartic
> acid. Is aspartic acid mimicking phosphotyrosine?
> Are there any references?
> Any hint will be appreciated,
> thanks,
> Stephan

Partial constitutive activation of the insulin receptor has been
achieved in Asp and Glu mutations.

B. Zhang, J. M. Tavaré, L. Ellis, and R. A. Roth. The Regulatory Role of
Known Tyrosine Autophosphorylation Sites of the Insulin Receptor Kinase
Domain. J.Biol.Chem. 266:990-996, 1991.

Hope this helps,

Lauge Schäffer