"Multimedia Methods in Molecular Biology" [Review}

Robert Roxby rroxby at maine.maine.edu
Tue Oct 7 08:12:24 EST 1997

I evaluated this CD and find the methods themselves to be ok. It is very
expensive, however ($500/year!).  The windows setup program expects version 3.1
and  gives error messages when it comes to the point of adding icons to the
program manager.  It will work ok, if you complete the installation by hand,
but I was annoyed that it defeated the setup monitor of the Microhelp
Uninstaller and it has no uninstall program of its own.  So, once you install
it, you are stuck with the modifications that it makes to dozens of windows
configuration files.  I'd say forget it.