Non-isotopic Northerns

lader at ambion.com lader at ambion.com
Tue Oct 7 16:36:36 EST 1997

In article <343A640E.5CE1 at wam.umd.edu>,
  dcbowen at wam.umd.edu wrote:

> I am looking for a method to do Northerns without using 32-P.  Does
> anyone have expereince with this issue and if so, could you please let
> me know which method/kit you have found to give the best results.
> Thanks in advance.

Most non isotopic Northern Kits use a biotin labeled probe and a
strep:HRP detection system (with the exception of Boehringer's dig
labeled probes). One key is the sensitivity of the luminescent substrate.
Our kit (and others too) use the CDP Star reagent from tropix. It is far
better than CSPD. look for CDPstar.

elader at ambion.com