Hi Background Plaque Lifts

Michael Salvucci mesalvu at ix.netcom.com
Thu Oct 9 15:14:54 EST 1997

Dear Netters,

We are having a problem with very high backgrounds in our plaque lifts.   The
problem is that all of the plaques are hybridizing with our probe.  The
problem occurs with both DNA and riboprobes for different genes, even though
we are using standard and even strigent conditions for prehybridization,
hybridization and washing.  We are using a library prepared in the Lambda-ZAP
Express phagemid and infecting a bacterial lawn of XL-1 Blue cells.  Any
suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Please email me directly.

Thanks........MIKE