Transient transfection of Jurkat cells

Kevin Mulcahy k.mulcahy at sheffield.ac.uk
Thu Oct 9 11:52:44 EST 1997

Hi,

I would like to transiently co-transfect Jurkat cells with two plasmid
constructs, harvest the cells after 2 - 3 days and then sort them into
transfected/untransfected cells using a cell-sorting flow cytometer in
order to analyse the transfected cells. Does anyone have any experience
with transient transfection of Jurkat cells (i.e. DEAE-dextran,
electroporation, etc)? If so what percentage of the total remaining live
cell population could we expect to be transfected (we are hoping to
achieve greater than 20-30%)?

Many thanks for your help,

Kevin Mulcahy.