Clean DNA for Transfection

Thu Oct 9 20:10:01 EST 1997

In article <343D5693.13D6 at pg.tno.nl>, RJ.Nederhand at pg.tno.nl wrote:
#Hi all,
#
#I want to transfect some reporter gene constructs (with a very weak
#promoter)  in HepG2 and Hela Cells. Here in the lab I was told I have
#to use CsCl purified (plasmid)DNA for transfection. My questions are:
#
#- Is it indeed necessary to use CsCl purified DNA for transfection?

Depends. Definitely not necessary if a factor of two is not a problem and
the *other* protocol works well. That *other* is the most variable thing,
unfortunately...

#- Where can I find a good, simple and reliable prototocol for CsCl
#purification (Off course I know Maniatis)?

That's simple and reliable, isn't it?

Dima