poster presentation software

Gary Krause gkrause at med.wayne.edu
Fri Oct 10 15:59:02 EST 1997

In article <61j1up$cf1 at mserv1.dl.ac.uk> RUTH MCMAHON <rmcmahon at ollamh.ucd.ie> writes:
>From: RUTH MCMAHON <rmcmahon at ollamh.ucd.ie>
>Subject: poster presentation software
>Date: 9 Oct 1997 17:49:29 +0100

>I came across posters recently at a conference in which all the
>information was on a single sheet, and not a number of sheets pinned
>together. Does anyone know of a program which allows such posters to
>be created?
>Thanks,

>Ruth.

We use Powerpoint and Word for Windows to do a half size version of the final
poster (cut and paste to a half-final-size piece of white poster board).  It
is then photographed to make a negative (about 8x10 inches).  We then send it
out to a local blueprint shop where they enlarge it to final size.  Process is
called a photostat roll and cost about $120 U.S. for a 4x8 foot poster.  Turn
around time is about 48 hours from negative to final print.  Hope this helps.

Gary