BAC details

Jeffrey J Meyer meyerj at pantheon.yale.edu
Fri Oct 10 15:24:07 EST 1997

I would appreciate any suggestions from people who have worked with the
isolation and mapping of BAC clones.  We're dealing with DNA fragments on
the order of 160kb.  Which kits were used (Qiagen?) for the preps?
(and any conditions that were changed from manual protocols (e.g.,
volumes))  Will this size of DNA be sheared when using uncut pipet tips?
Also, does anybody have ideal parameters for resolution of bands from
5-160kb on a PFGE unit?  Finally, any suggestions for the production of
extremely pure DNA (e.g., special changes to normal prep-protocols) for
partial digestions?