High Speed Thermocyclers

Dr. Duncan Clark duncan at genesys.demon.co.uk
Sun Oct 12 04:18:27 EST 1997

In article <61558s$ek3$1 at nargun.cc.uq.edu.au>, Paul Rohde
<P.Rohde at mailbox.uq.edu.au> writes

>I've never used them for their quick cappillary PCR, which I've heard
>they are good (but I'm not going to fiddle with glass tubes and BSA,
>different conditions)

To save the fiddling, we produce (at the request of the UK Idaho
ditributor - Bio/Gene) a 2x PCR Master Mix at a fixed Magnesium and a 2x
Master Mix Mg optimisation kit with 1-5mM Mg (or 1-10 if required).
Ready to use with all components including, buffer, Mg, dNTPs, BSA and
licensed Taq in it. Remove 5ul and add primers and template to 10ul
final. We can also do the same but with loading dye and buffer to load
the PCR straight onto a gel. Likewise a mix designed and tested for
LightCycler use plus in the next week or so, RT-PCR LightCycler one tube
mixes. It's not on the web sites below yet so email me it you want more
info.

Duncan
sliced from time to time....

Duncan Clark