Anti C-myc?

David Micklem drm21 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk
Mon Oct 13 13:21:16 EST 1997

In article
<Fergus.Doherty-ya02408000R1310971528180001 at news.nottingham.ac.uk>,
Fergus.Doherty at nottingham.ac.uk (Fergus Doherty) wrote:

>I have a CalBiochem/Oncogene Research Products mouse monoclonal anti c-myc
>(OP10, clone 9E10) that has started to misbehave.  It binds to ALL proteins
>on  a blot.  The samples are yeast transformants expressing a c-myc
>epiptope tagged protein.  Anyone any clues as to why this has started to
>happen?  I don't see this with exactly the same samples but a different
>primary antibody.
>
>Anyone suggest a CHEAP alternative source?  A polyclonal will do, must must
>be able to recognise EQKLISEEDL.
>
>Thanks
>
>--
>Fergus Doherty,
>Dept Biochemistry,
>Nottingham University,

Order the 9E10 cell line from ATCC (or similar) and make it yourself?
Certainly, the best anti-Myc antibody I had came from someone who had made
their own.  IIRC, you get much more antibody protein for the same money
from BAbCo (Berkeley Antibody Company) compared to Oncogene Science...

No connection with any of the organisations listed.

David

--
D.R.Micklem,                                Time flies like an arrow...
Wellcome/CRC Institute,            Fruit flies like a banana.
Cambridge CB2 1QR, UK               Email:drm21 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk
Unsolicited mail will incur a US$100 processing charge.