2 x TY media

White Stephanie white8 at server.uwindsor.ca
Tue Oct 14 19:33:57 EST 1997

I am trying to grow a strain of E. coli (A19) following the
procedure outlined in a research paper where they use a
medium called "2 x TY".  Perhaps I have been looking in the
wrong areas or it is just too simple to have to look up, but
I don't know what this media is!  Does TY just stand for
tryptone yeast?  If so, at what concentration?

If someone can tell me what the formulation of this media is
and, if possible, name a good source for this type of information
it would help me a great deal.

Thank you in advance for any help I receive.

Stephanie White
University of Windsor