Methylation detection??

Dr. Duncan Clark duncan at genesys.demon.co.uk
Tue Oct 14 10:57:43 EST 1997

In article <61t681$og$1 at nargun.cc.uq.edu.au>, "Paul R. Rohde"
<P.Rohde at mailbox.uq.edu.au> writes
>Hi Duncan!
>
>I don't want to be in a position where I have to defend something I said
>about a subject area that isn't mine.  I just heard it at a seminar
>a fair while ago.  But still, you missed the point!!
>
>Yes, its true that the PCR product is unmethylated, but I didn't say to
>measure the methylation on the PCR product!!  Read what I said again.
>
>Thankfully, Aimee answered me -- I wasn't to help her, but the little she
>fed back to me will help me now to re-explain to you.  Again:

Hi Paul,

You are of course right. I missed the point totally (as Aimee has also
pointed out to me) by only reading your reply and yes it was late at
night!

I'm sure the presence of methylated bases can be done by HPLC and I'm
equally sure I've seen a paper in Analytical Biochemistry in the last
year or two.

Duncan

I must remember to read posts properly before I reply....
I must remember to read posts properly before I reply....
I must remember to read posts properly before I reply....
I must remember to read posts properly before I reply....
I must remember to read posts properly before I reply....
I must remember to read posts properly before I reply....
I must remember to read posts properly before I reply....
I must remember to read posts properly before I reply....
I must remember to read posts properly before I reply....
I must remember to read posts properly before I reply....
I must remember to read posts properly before I reply....
I must remember to read posts properly before I reply....
I must remember to read posts properly before I reply....
I must remember to read posts properly ZZZzzzzzzzzz

sliced from time to time....

Duncan Clark
DNAmp Ltd.
TEl/FAX 01252376288