DNA degradation

Marieke R. Koedood Zhao rkoedood at bu.edu
Wed Oct 15 11:01:30 EST 1997

Traces of phenol will also effectively degrade your DNA. Happened to me
because I didn't purify them sufficiently.

Marieke

Alexander N. Kukushkin (kan at mmcd.cyt.ras.spb.ru) wrote:
: >   Hello!
: >   Does anyone know how to inhibit DNase activity? I keep genomic DNA
: >   samples at 4 C, and after 2 weeks the DNA seemes to degrade so that
: >   it can't be used for PCR etc...has anyone got same kind of problems,
: >   i would really need some ideas here! thanks a lot,
: >
: >   mirkka
: >
: EDTA binds the cofactors Mg2+ and Ca2+ (to lesser extent) and inhibits many
: DNases but not DNase II.
: Alex