Any Good Expression Libraries?

Rick Thorne rthorne at mail.newcastle.edu.au
Sun Oct 19 07:00:24 EST 1997

Dear All,

		We are currently using expression cloning with a pCDM8 cDNA library
(derived from the HT1080 cell line) to identify a ligand for our protein
of interest. However, we have had little success with this library in
CHO and WOP cells. The pCDM8 vector seems a little old fashioned to me-
so I does anyone know of (or better still could supply me) with a stock
of a suitable library with a 'better' promoter. I do plently of
transfection work, mostly with the pEF-BOS vector (which uses the
elongation factor promoter) and get quite high expression levels.

Thanks
RICK THORNE
CANCER RESEARCH UNIT
NEWCASTLE, AUSTRALIA