lacU169(2nd attempt)

Thomas Eitinger thomas=eitinger at rz.hu-berlin.de
Mon Oct 20 07:52:30 EST 1997

Unfortunately, I have not yet received a reply that really answers the
question whether the lacU169 (lac-argF) deletion also comprises lacI or
not. There are different statements in the catalogs. Life Technologies
states that it covers lacZYA-argF whereas NEB defines it as
lacIZYA-argF. Can anybody help to solve my problem, i.e. whether DH5
alpha (lacU169) produces a Lac repressor from its chromosomal lacI gene
or whether lacI is also deleted in lacU169 strains.
Thomas