High Speed Thermocyclers

Dr. Duncan Clark duncan at genesys.demon.co.uk
Mon Oct 20 04:09:04 EST 1997

In article <627h71$jf8$1 at info.abdn.ac.uk>, "s.pritchard"
<mmd280 at sysa.abdn.ac.uk> writes
>Try Corbett as they are well loved in our Dept.they do not use capillary
>tubes,can do 35 cyles in 30 min at 40microlitre volume.

Am I right that you can do a manual hotstart on this machine because
they use postive displacement plastic pipette tips which you heat seal
at the end? You can draw up the reaction in two parts with a small air
gap in between then when the machine hits 94C you push the plungers in,
mixing the PCR reaction.

Duncan
sliced from time to time....

Duncan Clark