Tricine PAGE Recipe?

Jonathan B. Marder marder at agri.huji.ac.il
Tue Oct 21 02:30:25 EST 1997

Namjin Chung wrote in message
+ADw-199710201957.PAA26389+AEA-jeter.acpub.duke.edu+AD4-...
+AD4-Dear Netters,
+AD4-
+AD4-I'm seeking for recipes for SDS-Tricine buffers.  I have checked with
the
+AD4-original paper by Schagger and Jagow, where they used different buffers
+AD4-for anode, cathode, and gel.  Could any one use single buffere for
these?

Yes, you can in fact use the Tris-Tricine buffers with your regular
acrylamide gels. All you need to do is use 100mM Tris +- 100mM Tricine as
the top (cathodic) buffer. You can also use this buffer at the anode,
but Tris-glycine or Tris-Cl will work just as well and is a lot cheaper.
Using Schagger and Jagow's Tris-Tricine running buffer at the cathode
will resolve lower molecular weight bands than the same gel run with
Laemmli Tris-glycine running buffer. The other modifications described
by S+ACY-J make less of a difference.

Jonathan B. Marder   +ADw-MARDER+AEA-agri.huji.ac.il+AD4-
Department of Agricultural Botany, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
Faculty of Agriculture, P.O.Box 12, Rehovot 76100, ISRAEL
Phone: +-972 8 9481918   Fax:   +-972 8 9467763
Web page:    http://www.agri.huji.ac.il/+AH4-marder