E-porator...

Paul N Hengen pnh at ncifcrf.gov
Tue Oct 21 15:45:33 EST 1997

Hiranya Roychowdhury (hroychow at NMSU.EDU) wrote:

> We do not have it but would like to try and build one. A while back
> there were a few postings on where to find the schematics or how to build
> one from stuff off the local Radio Shack. Can anybody in the net point to
> that direction? My UG project student would like to try making an e-porator.

The directions for building your own electroporator can be found in:

@article{Speyer1990,
author = "J. F. Speyer",
title = "A simple and effective electroporation apparatus",
journal = "BioTechniques",
volume = "8",
pages = "28-30",
comment = "electroporation",
year = "1990"}

@article{Hengen1995Juntibs,
author = "P. N. Hengen",
title = "Methods and reagents - Electro-transformation of
{{\em Escherichia coli}} with plasmid {DNA}",
volume = "20",
number = "6",
pages = "248-249",
month = "June",
year = "1995"}
Find it at ftp://ftp.ncifcrf.gov/pub/methods/TIBS/jun95.txt

* - - Methods FAQ list -> http://www-lmmb.ncifcrf.gov/~pnh/FAQlist.html - - - *