Robot for transferring bacterial colonies to 96 well microtiterplates

Dr. Duncan Clark duncan at
Tue Oct 21 11:26:24 EST 1997

In article <62ihb3$80f$6 at>, Marko Fennema
<m.fennema at> writes
>I was wondering if someone of you knows if their exists a automated device
>which can recognise bacterial colonies on a petridish and transfers them to
>separate wells of a 96 microtiter plate. It should be a kind of optical
>recognition system combined with a robot arm.

There are a couple available in the UK, one I think offered by Hybaid.
Not cheap though!

sliced from time to time....

Duncan Clark
DNAmp Ltd.