Stratagene's Quik-Pik Capsules

Black, Michael BlackM at
Tue Oct 21 10:29:18 EST 1997

Hello everyone,
   I'm looking to hear from anyone who has used Stratagene's Quik-Pik
electroelution capsules. I'm cycle-sequencing mtDNA PCR products and
have been gel-isolating fragments in low-melting agarose and then using
Promega's Wizard PCR preps. This works very well, but takes more time
preparing template than I would like. The Quik-Pik capsules look like an
easier way to clean up PCR product for sequencing, but I would
appreciate hearing from anyone who has used them before ordering any.
Thanks in advance

Salut, Michael Black

Dr. Michael B. Black
Department of Fisheries and Oceans, Canada
Maurice Lamontagne Institute, Quebec
e-mail: blackm at