DIG Northern blot

deborah.hailstones at smtpgwy.agric.nsw.gov.au deborah.hailstones at smtpgwy.agric.nsw.gov.au
Tue Oct 21 21:23:51 EST 1997

     I have only ever had stock SSC at 20X, goes up no problems and see=
ms=20
     to store almost indefinitely....=20
     Deb
    =20
     In article <l03102800b07272670396@[130.235.135.46]>,=20
     pbio-sma at MERKURIUS.LU.SE (Susanna Malmstr=F6m) wrote:
    =20
     > Hi,
     >=20
     > I want to do non-radioactive Northerns using the DIG-system. Wit=
     > DNA-probes, like I have, Boehringer recommends a "high SDS buffe=
r"=20
     with 7% > SDS, 50% formamide, 5xSSC and some other stuff. For=20
     preparation they say to > do a 30xSSC stock solution, otherwise th=
e=20
     volume is too big. It's just that > 30xSSC is very difficult to ge=
t=20
     into solution! Only after warming to almost > boiling, but it fall=
s=20
     out again when it's cooling down.
=