Inclusion bodies? yes, but my protein isn't in them...precedent?

pjf zinc at
Mon Oct 20 19:23:50 EST 1997

davesmith at writes:

> Just discovered that our integral membrane protein induces inclusion
> bodies when overexpressed.  Surprisingly, however, our protein goes to
> the membrane.  There is little if any in the inclusion bodies!
> Care to hazard a model??

sure, why not? i bet your membrane protein is simply presenting a nice
hydrophobic surface that either prevents other proteins from folding
or that actively unfolds already folding proteins. perhaps you have an
'anti-chaperonin' on your hands.

       "There is only one aim in life and that is to live it."
 Karl Shapiro,(1959) from an essay on Henry Miller's Tropic of Cancer
	  finger zinc-pgp at for PGP key
  zifi runs Linux 2.1.56